Monday, July 25, 2011

Super-Why!

After completing my fondant and gum paste class, I posted the pictures of my cake on facebook with a comment stating that now that I was done with cake classes, I was ready to take orders. Less than an hour passed and I had a message from a friend asking me to make a cake for her daughter's 4th birthday. She sent me a picture of the type of cake she wanted and I knew I was in for a challenge. An awesome challenge. Not only did she want a cake covered in fondant, but she wanted a picture on it as well. Now I know, I could have done the picture in buttercream, or royal icing, but being the overacheiver I am, I decided to do it with a fondant/gum paste blend. It took me a bit longer than I originally thought, but I just loved how it turned out. I was actually kind of sad to give the cake up, knowing that in a matter of hours, it would be cut into little peices. But it was all worth it, knowing that the birthday girl absolutely loved her super-why cake.


 Happy Birthday, Olivia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment