Monday, July 25, 2011

Something old, something new, something red and white and blue!

While I was taking my flowers and cake design class, I was asked to make a cake for my cousin Rebecca's wedding shower.
Okay - so I offered. Enthusiastically. Practically begged. And my aunt accepted, of course. When I talked to my cousin to ask what the colors were for her wedding, she said they were red and aqua blue. What luck - those were the colors I was planning to use for my final cake! So I made a ton of extra flowers and decided to make a square cake since a round one wouldn't have been enough to feed everyone. Then I chose a design from my course book, that had apple blossoms on the sides of the cake, with white buttercream vines. Very elegant and very beautiful. It was a chocolate cake with amaretto filling (one of my favorite flavor combos) and everyone loved it. Congrats, Rebecca!

No comments:

Post a Comment