Sunday, April 7, 2013

Showers of Happiness!

I was looking at pictures a while back and came across the pictures of the wedding cake I made last year. As much work as it was, it was quite an adventure and it meant so much to be a part of such a special day. Well - after I was done, I vowed that I would never again make a cake of that magnitude. Just too stressful. But I love being a part of weddings. Making beautiful things for others just makes me so happy. So I was absolutely giddy when my nephew Ken's fiance asked me to make carrot cake for her bridal shower. Love that girl!

I decided on cupcakes since it's so much easier - no cutting involved, everything is in a perfect portion. My mom had a recipe for carrot cake that she gave to me - it used a LOT of carrots, which was perfect, since I had plenty to work with from an extra large crop in my garden last fall (and it's a good thing that carrots last a long time in the fridge!). I did a test run first, on St. Patrick's Day, and dropped off a little box with four cupcakes, since her birthday had been the week before. She loved them. She was actually a bit disappointed that I hadn't brought over more, since she only got to have one. When she went to work there was one left and when she got back home, there was an empty box in the fridge with just a small smear of icing and a few cake crumbs inside. Well - I just had to make up for that. I made three dozen cupcakes, and there were plenty left over for the bride-to-be.

Here they are, all ready to go. Same carrot cake and cream cheese frosting, this time decorated with royal icing apple blossoms in bright pink and orange, to match her wedding colors. So pretty.




Thanks for asking me to make the cupcakes Dana, and I wish you and Ken a lifetime of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment