Sunday, April 28, 2013

Elmo loves birthdays - and sharing!

The First Communion cake I made came with an added bonus - one dozen cupcakes and a smash cake for Kim's son who would be sharing the spotlight with his big sister. So nice when you can combine celebrations like that. I'd do it with my own children, but their birthdays are in opposite seasons - summer for my son and winter for my daughter. The only combining that happens around here is for my daughter's birthday, which is four days after Christmas.

Anyhow, after looking through all of my cake pictures and having a hard time deciding on what she wanted for her son, she chose something that I had never done before but have always wanted to - Elmo!  Since the First Communion cake was plenty to feed the 20 adults that would be at the celebration, she decided that a dozen cupcakes would be perfect for the 10 children that would be there. Strawberry cake in adorable  red, yellow and blue cupcake liners, frosted with a vanilla buttercream swirl and topped with an Elmo candy. The smash cake is the same, with fondant circles (which are oddly reminiscent of the design on a bag of Wonder Bread - don't you think?) and a fondant number 1 to mark this milestone for little Evan.


Happy Birthday Evan!

No comments:

Post a Comment