Saturday, June 14, 2014

Graduation times two!

My neighbor Karen is not only neighbor, but one of my closest friends. My biggest regret is that I didn't get to know her sooner - it took a few years of being neighbors before I said hello, and we've been friends ever since. Earlier this year we were out for a walk, she told me that she wanted me to make a graduation cake for her twin grandsons. I was honored to be chosen for this task, and when the date got closer, I asked what she wanted. She told me that her grandsons, Peter and Jacob, are both going to college at the Art Institute. Jacob will be studying film, and Peter will be studying graphic design. She wanted a small cake that would be big enough just for immediate family, so I decided to decorate half of the cake for each graduate. I know they'll be wonderfully successful in their endeavors, and wanted to make a cake that showcased just how proud their grandparents are of both of them.

The cake itself is yellow cake with chocolate buttercream filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. All of the decorations are made out of fondant and food-safe marker. I had so much fun making this cake and from what I heard, the boys were impressed.



Best Wishes Peter and Jacob - you both have a bright future ahead of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment