Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Monica!

I have many sisters-in-law. 8 to be exact. Yep... EIGHT. Gotta love that big family!

My sister-in-law Monica (who is the wife of my husband's brother Ed) turned 50 last month. Her son Matt is the one that I made the wedding cake for this past summer. So when I heard that her family was planning a birthday party for her, I offered to make cake pops. Everyone in her family that was at the rehearsal dinner for Matt's wedding loved the cake balls I made, so I went with the same cake flavor - yummy chocolate! And of course, being that it was a 50th birthday party, I had to put some awesome decorations on them too! I made 3 dozen cake pops with three different decorations. I had some with silver sprinkles, some with black fondant dots, and some with black fondant stars brushed with silver luster dust. Here they are at my house, all ready to go.




I put them in a big box for the party and actually brought the glasses too, since they worked so well to display them at home. Little did I know that my brother-in-law had already ordered a sheet cake for the party. A full sheet cake! No problems though - everyone was more than happy to eat my cake pops too (and luckily, the cake was yellow cake, so no OD of chocolate!) and several of my nieces, nephews and other in-laws brought cake pops home with them for their families.

Happy Birthday Monica, and here's to the next 50!

No comments:

Post a Comment