Saturday, August 2, 2014

Here comes the bride... and groom!

I love my husband's family - since the day I first met all of them at a family party 12 years ago, they have welcomed me with open arms, even before Brian and I got engaged and then married. Last year I made cupcakes for a family reunion and Brian's cousin Lori was so impressed that she called on me to make cupcakes for her daughter's bridal shower. It was a couples shower, and she showed me a couple pictures she found on Pinterest, of cupcakes arranged to look like a wedding dress and tuxedo jacket. Super-cute! And it became my biggest cupcake order to date - 7 dozen cupcakes! 3 1/2 dozen each of two kinds - confetti cake with vanilla frosting, and yellow cake with dark chocolate buttercream. It was a busy day for me too - the day of the bridal shower was not only the birthday of the mother of the bride, but also my birthday! I had to work, but after work I met my husband at his cousin's house who had brought the cupcakes with him. I then assembled them in the right shapes, put in some finishing touches with frosting and accessories, and voila!




Best wishes to the bride and groom!

No comments:

Post a Comment