Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Compound Hulk Cake

A year ago, a friend of mine told me that her friend Leanne was looking for a cake decorator, since the lady she had gotten her cakes from before had just moved. I sent a message to her and found out that she had just celebrated her son Luke's birthday, but would definitely want me to make a cake for his next birthday. When the time came, I was super-excited to get started on it. Leanne told me that Luke loved comic books, but mostly the lesser known characters that you don't hear about much. Like Black Spiderman and Red Hulk. I found a picture of a really awesome Hulk cake that would work with their party needs. She then told me that the theme they were going with was Compound Hulk. If you don't know what that is, it's basically half the regular green Incredible Hulk, and half the bad Red Hulk, split right down the middle. A bit challenging to frost the cake half and half, but I love a challenge!

The cake itself is yellow cake with buttercream filling and frosting, and fondant accents, including some yummy chocolate black fondant for his crazy hair.



The delivery of this cake was the best part - the party was at a roller rink! Having grown up going to many rollerskating parties, it was awesome to go inside the one near where I live. I drive by it all the time, but have never been inside. Now I'm definitely going to have to go back.

Happy Birthday Luke - Hope you had an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment